Investors In Retirement are in the distribution phase of the investment planning process. In this phase, accumulated wealth is used to support the desired lifestyle and financial security of the investor. Preservation of capital begins to increase in importance, while the growth of wealth may begin to decline in importance.
As an investor In Retirement, you may encounter a few of the considerations below:
- How can I minimize taxes?
- How can I get more income out of my assets?
- What is the best way to manage my overall estate plan? And how should I discuss my estate with my children?
- How can I maximize the after-tax values of assets transferred to others, such my heirs?
- When do I need to start taking required minimum distributions?
- Should I get long term care insurance?
- What age should I be taking social security?
- Should I set up a trust?
- Is my portfolio’s asset allocation set correctly?
At JT Stratford, we have a more collaborative style of client relationship. Through our virtual advisory platform, we can aggregate all of your financial accounts, including your bank accounts, credit cards, brokerage accounts, insurance policies and even real estate. This helps you gain a better understanding of your overall financial position , which can help address these concerns.
It only takes a few seconds to add your accounts and once it’s established, you can gain insights into your goals, investments, risk management, net worth, insurance needs and liquidity.