Investors Nearing Retirement are in the maintenance phase of the investment planning process. This phase focuses on accumulating wealth to support the desired lifestyle and financial security of the investor in the next stage of life. Portfolio stability becomes increasingly important in the phase of life, but the challenge is keeping the portfolio stable while maintaining an exposure to assets sufficient to preserve the portfolio’s purchasing power.
As an investor Nearing Retirement, you may encounter a few of the considerations below:
- Will I be able to retire and maintain my standard of living?
- How do I handle my tax burden?
- How can I maximize my retirement contributions? What options do I have?
- What insurance do I need? Do I need long-term care?
- Do I need a will, an estate plan, or both?
- Is my portfolio properly allocated? Am I saving enough, and will my investment plan meet my goals?
At JT Stratford, we have a more collaborative style of client relationship. Through our virtual advisory platform, we can aggregate all of your financial accounts, including your bank accounts, credit cards, brokerage accounts, insurance policies and even real estate. This helps you gain a better understanding of your overall financial position, which can help address these concerns.
It only takes a few seconds to add your accounts and once it’s established, you can gain insights into your goals, investments, risk management, net worth, insurance needs and liquidity.